Thursday, October 25, 2007

Picking a build

Before I have done any investigation into what Elem shamans are supposed to be working towards, what kind of equipment is out there, I have made a very rough Elemental build. I can afford to be elemental because my guildmates seem to have tanking and healing covered with their pallies.

The nitty gritty. The aim of this build is to have really good PvE viability without being gimped in PvP (it is a PvP server, after all). It really bugs me that I basically have one floating point in the resto tree that I can't decide what to do with. The main consideration in the Elemental tree is whether I want 3/5 Reverberation & 2/3 Eye of the Storm, 3/3 Call of Flame 2/3 Eye of the Storm, or 5/5 Reverberation.

Basically, I made the decision like this:

The usual rotation for Elemental Shamans in group settings is:

0s: Lightning bolt
2s: Lightning bolt
4s: Lightning bolt
6s: Lightning bolt
8s: Lightning bolt

If you add in Shocks, it would look like:

0s: Shock
1.5s: LB
3.5s: LB
5.5s: LB
7.5s: LB
9.5s: LB
11.5s: Shock

With 3/5 Reverberation, it now condenses to:
0s: Shock
1.5s: LB
3.5s: LB
5.5s: LB
7.5s: Shock
9.0s: LB
11s: LB

It's very situation, but my gut feeling is that fire totems could get troublesome in a lot of environments. 5/5 Reverberation seems to have just a wasted affect considering the GCD.

No comments: